Print Correction Save

Essex County Council - Adult Social Care

Care for adults

Adult social care provides advice and services to people over the age of 18 who may need help because of their age, a disability or learning difficulty.

This may include:

  • frailty due to age
  • visual and/or hearing impairments
  • physical and/or learning disabilities
  • mental health issues

If you are caring for an adult or child affected by any of the above issues it is important that you are aware of the support available to carers.

Within this section you will find information on advice on:

  • staying safe
  • staying independent in your home and equipment and adaptations to help you
  • alternative living options you may want to know more about or consider for the future. These can include warden assisted living and care homes
  • continuing healthcare, please also see the NHS continuing healthcare and NHS funded nursing care booklet
  • Essex Guardians, providing financial, property and motability services
  • getting financial advice when paying for your care
  • advocacy
  • Blue badges

Our first priority is that you are able to stay independent and in your own home for as long as possible. If you need help with this we will carry out an assessment in line with the Department of Health guidance to find out what services you may be eligible for.


0845 603 7630

Related Information

Subject Definitions

Subject Overviews are currently being developed.